As a result of our donors' generosity, Aitza L'Chaim has managed
to help people in the following ways:
* Several thousand shekels worth of shopping vouchers and cash
gifts are distributed to families each month.
* We repaired and got back into good working order the refrigerator
of a Tzfat family with nine children, whose refrigerator wasn't
working because it had had holes in the door and sides for over
a year. We also filled the fridge with basis necessities.
* A number of telephone accounts were paid to reconnect family
* Aitza L'Chaim gave a three day respite break to two mothers
with large families in a hotel by the Dead Sea so that they could
regain their emotional and physical strength.
* A mother with seven children had most of her diseased teeth
removed, but the dentist wouldn't supply new teeth until her old
account was paid. Aitza L'Chaim helped pay the dentist seven thousand
shekels, (7,000 NIS = $1605 US) so that the mother had new teeth
* A child under one year old with a muscular disease needs therapy
at the local hospital three times a week. The family was unable
to afford fares to the hospital and back, so the child was not
receiving his much needed therapy and his condition was deteriorating.
Aitza L'Chaim found a donor who has paid fares for the mother
and child to attend the hospital three times a week for the next
* Free counseling was given to many in need.